Loyalty cards are a fantastic way to generate extra business and work well as a simple marketing tool to spread the word about your company.
The idea of loyalty cards is simple. When a customer visits your shop and makes a purchase, they get a stamp on their card. Several returns and purchases later, they can then redeem the card for a “reward” of goods or services. Many businesses find that loyalty card schemes increase sales through existing customers and attract new ones as well.
The following are other potential advantages of using loyalty cards as part of your business marketing.
Advantages of Loyalty Cards
- Customer Retention – a loyalty card program is not only a good way to get new customers, it’s also a tried-and-trusted method of keeping them.
- Increase Frequent Sales – loyalty card systems encourage customers to come back more often to take advantage of your special offers/discounts/rewards. The more the shop, the more they get in return.
- Increased Product Awareness – loyalty card schemes can be an excellent way to increase your product awareness. It might encourage customers to try something new by simply offering them the chance to get one for free. For example, if you ran a coffee shop, you could offer one of your tasty muffins for free with every 5 stamps (1 cup of coffee=1 stamp). Customers might love the muffins so much, they’ll purchase them next time they come in for a coffee. Changing the reward every now and then keeps things fresh and increases knowledge of your products.
- Increased Reach – loyal customers who enjoy your rewards might encourage their friends to join in. You could encourage ‘recommendations’ by offering special discounts or extras for loyal customers. For example – recommend a friend and get an extra stamp on your card.
- Know Your Customer – through your loyalty card scheme you can track and analyse your customers shopping habits and adjust your loyalty offers to match their needs. You can then adjust your marketing plan to capitalise on this.
- Customer Loyalty/Happiness – loyalty card schemes are excellent for making a customer feel important and relevant. Customer happiness is important as it keeps them coming back for more and telling their friends and family.
If you’re thinking about running a loyalty card scheme, we have a range of loyalty card stamps and loyalty card embossing presses which can be used with your custom loyalty cards. These will help your business stand out and your card stand out from the rest in your customers’ wallet.
Stamps Direct not only have a vast range of traditional rubber stamps, we have the expertise to create bespoke stamps to suit you and your requirements.